Tuesday, November 1, 2011

ASAP Rocky - Live Love ASAP (Mix Tape Review)







ASAP Rocky – Live Love A$AP (Review)
The first song I heard from Harlem native ASAP Rocky was purple swag. Ever since then I’ve been waiting for him to drop more of his material. See, being blessed with an ear for music, I can recognize a great artist on the rise. When I hear ASAP Rocky, I said the same thing I said when I first heard Wiz and Wale, “He’s going to be big…”. Fast forward 3 months later and he drops a great mix tape. ASAP Rocky wasted no time getting his music out there to the masses. The kid has talent.
If I was explaining his rap style to someone, it would be a mixture of Harlem swag on Houston promethazine. It’s a very unique style. There are a good bit of bangers on this album. As far as lyrics and substance, he’s better than a lot of artist.  His word play, realness, and style is where he shines at on this mix tape.  He spits some real lyrics while masking it with his unique style on Keep it G as he states:


“They ask me how I’m living
I say I’m gold grilling
Niggas acting different
Mother Fuck a friendship
These bitches is persistent
Talking about I’m distant
Lost my mind a long time ago
To find it need forensics…”

I see a lot of potential in ASAP Rocky, the mix tape is nice, I give it about a 8/10 which is good in my book. Check out some of the videos to some of the singles of his mix tape below.

(A$AP Rocky – Purple Swagg)
A$AP Rocky – Peso


No comments: